Temporary agency social workers will be paid more in Birmingham to help keep children safe. The move to increase the rates of agency social workers for a six months period was approved today by Birmingham’s Cabinet in a bid to recruit more social workers to help with child protection duties in the City.
A recent Ofsted report has severely criticised Birmingham Children’s Services for failing to look after vulnerable children.
Councillor Brigid Jones told today’s Cabinet meeting that Birmingham currently pays well below the going rate for agency staff. The poor reputation that Birmingham has developed nationally has also put many social workers off, she said.
There are around 42 posts for qualified social workers in Child Protection for which agency cover has not been secured.
A social worker with two years’ experience currently gets £24.54 per hour. The increase will put them on £41.23 per hour.
National Wedding Show NEC 2014
- Follow Tyburn Mail on WordPress.com
Trytrytry@aol.com on Armed police deal with teens w… Trytrytry@aol.com on Armed police deal with teens w… big bertha on Armed police deal with teens w… James auther on Armed police deal with teens w… anon on Armed police deal with teens w… Shanks for the Memor… on Armed police deal with teens w… Eddie Downes - Storn… on Woman admits Tax Credit fraud… James auther on Armed police deal with teens w… James Livery - Storn… on Wheelie bins for Castle Vale:… Trinity on Woman admits Tax Credit fraud… Anonymous on Wheelie bins for Castle Vale:… Anonymous on Wheelie bins for Castle Vale:… Demie shanice mccall… on Woman admits Tax Credit fraud… Trinity on Rise in shoplifting offences a… Trinity on Woman admits damage to tattoo…
Comments from readers
Tyburn Mail wishes to encourage free speech and open discussion.
Comments should not contain offensive language. Defamatory comments will not be accepted. Comments that breach the Contempt of Court Act or that breach copyright law will not be accepted. Comments should not contain links to other webpages or internet sites.
Tyburn Mail (Topcliffe Media)0121 749 1343Office open: 9.30-5pm Mon-Thursday; 9.30-4pm Friday, with 24 hour answer-phone
December Tyburn Mail is now online.
- Villa's new signing: Delphic Oracle defies rumour mongers #avfc #AstonVilla tyburnmail.com/fat-alan-on-th… http://t.co/E2hUWY6fZd 9 hours ago
- @BhamCityCouncil offers grants for @ThisGirlCanUK to promote women's sport on @womensday tyburnmail.com/2015/01/23/thi… http://t.co/rLM5S7EttW 2 days ago
- @theglamophones January Tyburn Mail, page 2 tyburnmaildotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/264.pdf 3 days ago
- Aston Nilla... don't blame the strikers, says Fat Alan #avfc #AstonVilla tyburnmaildotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/2429.p… 4 days ago
- January Tyburn Mail out now tyburnmail.com/latest-issue-2/ http://t.co/775gZ3jgkZ 4 days ago
- We're beating burglars, claim @WMPolice tyburnmail.com/2015/01/20/wer… 5 days ago
- Goalless Villa's Valencian glistens #avfc #AstonNilla #astonvillavsliverpool #AstonVilla tyburnmail.com/fat-alan-on-th… 1 week ago
- At last, an Aston Villa midfielder with some spark and skill - it's Gil #avfc #AstonNilla #astonvilla #lfc tyburnmail.com/fat-alan-on-th… 1 week ago
- Posh tea for poster winner John from @AbbeyPrimary tyburnmail.com/2015/01/13/tea… http://t.co/7hFVTwUyLV 1 week ago
- Roaring twenties' silent film night @HarbourSpaces tyburnmail.com/2015/01/12/st-… http://t.co/eGe5DpmECq 1 week ago