Temporary agency social workers will be paid more in Birmingham to help keep children safe. The move to increase the rates of agency social workers for a six months period was approved today by Birmingham’s Cabinet in a bid to recruit more social workers to help with child protection duties in the City.
A recent Ofsted report has severely criticised Birmingham Children’s Services for failing to look after vulnerable children.
Councillor Brigid Jones told today’s Cabinet meeting that Birmingham currently pays well below the going rate for agency staff. The poor reputation that Birmingham has developed nationally has also put many social workers off, she said.
There are around 42 posts for qualified social workers in Child Protection for which agency cover has not been secured.
A social worker with two years’ experience currently gets £24.54 per hour. The increase will put them on £41.23 per hour.
TYBURN MAIL (TOPCLIFFE MEDIA)
Lower Ground Floor,
Castle Vale, B35 6BT
0121 749 1343
Office open: 9.30-5pm Mon-Thursday; 9.30-4pm Friday,
- commented on Motorbikes complaint in Farnborough Road "it dont if happen all time that parent taken control kid bad way of ride motor bike at that age..." – October 25
- Walter White commented on Shoplifter nicks eight coats in three days from Castle Vale store "He must have problems keeping his cold turkey warm" – October 25
- commented on Kingsbury Road lane closures: completion date - March 2017 "Nope" – October 25
- commented on Ravenside Retail Park 'up for sale' "yes dont know how true is kevin this going since 2011 share would somethink now" – October 24
- Tom commented on Motorbikes complaint in Farnborough Road "I see the police up and down Farnborough road all day but these off road bikes can go up allyways..." – October 24
- commented on New pub for Castle Vale "Just find it weird that the holiday inn is classed as being in Castle brom with a B35 postcode as..." – October 23
- anon commented on New pub for Castle Vale "Castle Bromwich is in Solihull, so the revamped pub would be classed as in Castle Vale, Birmingham." – October 23
- cc commented on New pub for Castle Vale "The pub postcode is B35 The Castle Bromwich postcode is B36" – October 23
- commented on New pub for Castle Vale "The postcode of the pub is B35 Castle Bromwich is B36" – October 23
Comments from readers
Tyburn Mail wishes to encourage free speech and open discussion.
Comments should not contain offensive language. Defamatory comments will not be accepted. Comments that breach the Contempt of Court Act or that breach copyright law will not be accepted. Comments should not contain links to other webpages or internet sites.
ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS OR EVENT IN TYBURN MAIL – REACH 24,000 READERS
Call Frank Kennedy on 07770895413.
100mm x 50mm, 100 x 100, quarter, half or full page ads.
We will design if you request.
Contact Tyburn Mail: call 0121 749 1343 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts and Leisure
- Fashion with Taylor
- Fat Alan
- Jobs and employment
- Local business
- Local committee or organization
- Music with Brookly
- Police and Emergency Services
- Schools and young people
- The Tyburn Horse Whisperer