England women’s cricketer Sarah Taylor made a superb start for Walmley Cricket Club in the men’s 1st XI yesterday.
Walmley lost to by 59 runs to Berkswell in the ECB 20/20 Knockout, but wicketkeeper Sarah was topscorer for her team. She scored 54 not out in a total of 113, and she claimed three victims behind the stumps.
She will make cricket history next week if she plays in the opening league game of the season for Walmley at Walsall – becoming the first woman ever to play in the Birmingham League – one of the top cricket leagues in the country.
TYBURN MAIL (TOPCLIFFE MEDIA)
Lower Ground Floor,
Castle Vale, B35 6BT
0121 749 1343
Office open: 9.30-5pm Mon-Thursday; 9.30-4pm Friday,
- Rahat Ali commented on DHL to create 40 new jobs in Castle Vale "Hi i am interested to do this job as i got warehouse experience while i was Assistant Manager in Tesco.please..." – June 25
- Ahab commented on So close in Brum: less than 1% majority vote Leave "Who's next to walk the plank in these 'tricky economic waters'? Osborne? Corbyn? The sharks are circling." – June 24
- Atticus commented on So close in Brum: less than 1% majority vote Leave "The Remain argument rested on economics - which many did not understand, the Leave argument rested on immigration which excited..." – June 24
- commented on Lamborghini treat for top junior team "Hi I just wanted to say that as someone that has worked in Castle Vale Fish Bar that I knew..." – June 24
- Truth Speaker commented on Retail Park shoplifter at it again "& he also gets to go on building courses some of us have to pay for??? Right, I'm off to..." – June 24
- Andrew Garcarz commented on So close in Brum: less than 1% majority vote Leave "I admit it. I was genuinely shocked by the EU Referendum result. I doubted that such a victory was possible,..." – June 24
- Moriarty commented on Retail Park shoplifter at it again "So, this fella stole over £300 worth of stuff and only has to pay a £50 fine? Sounds like a..." – June 24
- Ray Woods commented on 'Green' power station gets go ahead "I see UKIP have been putting up referendum posters around Vale which is a breach of planning law" – June 23
- Atticus commented on Referendum Day "Agreed," – June 23
Comments from readers
Tyburn Mail wishes to encourage free speech and open discussion.
Comments should not contain offensive language. Defamatory comments will not be accepted. Comments that breach the Contempt of Court Act or that breach copyright law will not be accepted. Comments should not contain links to other webpages or internet sites.
ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS OR EVENT IN TYBURN MAIL – REACH 24,000 READERS
Call Frank Kennedy on 07770895413.
100mm x 50mm, 100 x 100, quarter, half or full page ads.
We will design if you request.
Contact Tyburn Mail: call 0121 749 1343 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts and Leisure
- Fashion with Taylor
- Fat Alan
- Jobs and employment
- Local business
- Local committee or organization
- Music with Brookly
- Police and Emergency Services
- Schools and young people
- The Tyburn Horse Whisperer