England women’s cricketer Sarah Taylor made a superb start for Walmley Cricket Club in the men’s 1st XI yesterday.
Walmley lost to by 59 runs to Berkswell in the ECB 20/20 Knockout, but wicketkeeper Sarah was topscorer for her team. She scored 54 not out in a total of 113, and she claimed three victims behind the stumps.
She will make cricket history next week if she plays in the opening league game of the season for Walmley at Walsall – becoming the first woman ever to play in the Birmingham League – one of the top cricket leagues in the country.
TYBURN MAIL (TOPCLIFFE MEDIA)
Lower Ground Floor,
Castle Vale, B35 6BT
0121 749 1343
Office open: 9.30-5pm Mon-Thursday; 9.30-4pm Friday,
- commented on Get thinking and payback the money, magistrates tell persistent shoplifter "It don't take a bloody Einstein to know the justice shytstem isnt fit for purpose, maybe 100 yrs ago but..." – May 27
- commented on Get thinking and payback the money, magistrates tell persistent shoplifter "Yes let's lock him up so he can go inside get his hands on anything he wants and then he..." – May 27
- commented on Tyburn councillor keeps his job "With all due respect to Mike who has been very good at his role, but don't he think he should..." – May 27
- Dr Robert commented on Get thinking and payback the money, magistrates tell persistent shoplifter "Old habits die hard. Thinking skills are of no use to a brainless baghead. He probably returned to Lloyds the..." – May 27
- ANTHONY SAGE commented on Passion from Clancy at St Barnabas budget meeting "ANY thought given to airing MEMORIES of the Queen`s visit to The Vale. Her Majesty even recorded a message for..." – May 27
- The Shilling Shocker commented on Get thinking and payback the money, magistrates tell persistent shoplifter "So this skiprat has been given another 'course' for him to miss, whilst he's out busy thieving to pay the..." – May 27
- The Shilling Shocker commented on Bullet for boy - lipstick for girl: Crimestoppers guncrime ad "You can't say 'monkies' (or monkeys) mate.....strangely enough however, 'honkies' is entirely permissible. Funny that ?" – May 27
- sheila commented on Surprise treat for Gladys: but tricky to get a 100th birthday balloon "Thank you. It was lovely to see her gorgeous smile & customers joined in singing happy birthday. So glad we..." – May 26
- commented on Surprise treat for Gladys: but tricky to get a 100th birthday balloon "Thank you. It was lovely to see her gorgeous smile & customers joined in singing happy birthday. So glad we..." – May 26
Comments from readers
Tyburn Mail wishes to encourage free speech and open discussion.
Comments should not contain offensive language. Defamatory comments will not be accepted. Comments that breach the Contempt of Court Act or that breach copyright law will not be accepted. Comments should not contain links to other webpages or internet sites.
ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS OR EVENT IN TYBURN MAIL – REACH 24,000 READERS
Call Frank Kennedy on 07770895413.
100mm x 50mm, 100 x 100, quarter, half or full page ads.
We will design if you request.
Contact Tyburn Mail: call 0121 749 1343 or email: email@example.com
- Arts and Leisure
- Fashion with Taylor
- Fat Alan
- Jobs and employment
- Local business
- Local committee or organization
- Music with Brookly
- Police and Emergency Services
- Schools and young people
- The Tyburn Horse Whisperer