England women’s cricketer Sarah Taylor made a superb start for Walmley Cricket Club in the men’s 1st XI yesterday.
Walmley lost to by 59 runs to Berkswell in the ECB 20/20 Knockout, but wicketkeeper Sarah was topscorer for her team. She scored 54 not out in a total of 113, and she claimed three victims behind the stumps.
She will make cricket history next week if she plays in the opening league game of the season for Walmley at Walsall – becoming the first woman ever to play in the Birmingham League – one of the top cricket leagues in the country.
Advertise your business or event here
- Kimbo has Eyes commented on Admits assaulting two females "This boy obviously has issues. Not content with playing up at the Belfry, he thought he'd beat up on a..." – October 09
- Moriarty commented on Pay £50 compensation to assault victim "There seems to be quite a number of reports about males assaulting females of late. I guess it shows the..." – October 09
- Moriarty commented on Pay £50 compensation to assault victim "That's if this 'tough guy' even knows who his dad is!!" – October 09
- commented on Six-week closure for Water Orton bridge "Makes no differnce if the bridge is out or not. While the roadworks are there, no-one is getting out of..." – October 09
- Great Beard of Zeus commented on Pay £50 compensation to assault victim "Another tough guy, I bet his dad is real proud....." – October 08
- Great Beard of Zeus commented on Time for Sir Albert to go: Erdington Tory councillor slams Birmingham's Labour leader "Thank you Mrs Bore....your son is indeed doing a great job. Now, time for your medication......" – October 08
- Great Beard of Zeus commented on Flag of Birmingham: choose from six designs "Last time I looked we already had a flag ? Smacks of the usual 'nose in the trough' marketing bull..." – October 08
- Great Beard of Zeus commented on Surprise Surprise statement from Castle Pool ".....facilitate young people on the Vale ? Get real, our 'local' leadership have bigger fish to fry, like broadening their..." – October 08
- Great Beard of Zeus commented on Assaulted female and caused criminal damage "What a gangster, I bet he put the fear of God into that bucket.....lets hope the wardrobe gets the counselling..." – October 08
Comments from readers
Tyburn Mail wishes to encourage free speech and open discussion.
Comments should not contain offensive language. Defamatory comments will not be accepted. Comments that breach the Contempt of Court Act or that breach copyright law will not be accepted. Comments should not contain links to other webpages or internet sites.
ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS OR EVENT IN TYBURN MAIL – REACH 24,000 READERS
Call Frank Kennedy on 07770895413.
100mm x 50mm, 100 x 100, quarter, half or full page ads.
We will design if you request.
Contact Tyburn Mail: call 0121 749 1343 or email: email@example.com
TYBURN MAIL (TOPCLIFFE MEDIA)
Lower Ground Floor,
Castle Vale, B35 6BT
0121 749 1343
Office open: 9.30-5pm Mon-Thursday; 9.30-4pm Friday, with 24 hour answer-phone
- Arts and Leisure
- Fashion with Taylor
- Fat Alan
- Jobs and employment
- Local business
- Local committee or organization
- Music with Brookly
- Police and Emergency Services
- Schools and young people