England women’s cricketer Sarah Taylor made a superb start for Walmley Cricket Club in the men’s 1st XI yesterday.
Walmley lost to by 59 runs to Berkswell in the ECB 20/20 Knockout, but wicketkeeper Sarah was topscorer for her team. She scored 54 not out in a total of 113, and she claimed three victims behind the stumps.
She will make cricket history next week if she plays in the opening league game of the season for Walmley at Walsall – becoming the first woman ever to play in the Birmingham League – one of the top cricket leagues in the country.
St Cuthberts Christmas Fayre
- Joke commented on Strike action to disrupt Birmingham hospitals "I agree, paid tea breaks it said, who gets those now adays. I thought it was April fools on the..." – November 27
- Redundant commented on Strike action to disrupt Birmingham hospitals "I've just been made redundant from my job, be careful what you wish for. sometimes these so called unions don't..." – November 27
- Factory Worker commented on Strike action to disrupt Birmingham hospitals "Have you heard yourselves. I saw you this on the news, you're not in the real world. Police, nurses, fire,..." – November 27
- Giddy Ryder Likes Cider commented on Bookmaker thief jailed after more offences "About time they locked this tramp up......keep him off the streets, nobody's rubbish bin is safe while this paraffin roams..." – November 27
- ex employee commented on Strike action to disrupt Birmingham hospitals "There is a lot of belittling going on in the company." – November 26
- ex employee commented on Strike action to disrupt Birmingham hospitals "There is also a lot of belittling going on here. Rules made up as you go along, ban on taking..." – November 26
- kiera commented on Strike action to disrupt Birmingham hospitals "As a previous employee this company is an absolute disgrace to work for. They treat the staff so badly. I..." – November 26
- kelly green commented on Camp Rock ready to roll "Ive been every night to watch camp rock I'm so amazed and they have been brilliant well worth to win..." – November 26
- Wife of Striker commented on Healthcare company promises 'benefits without parallel in the industry' to strike-threatening hospital workers "Good on those striking. What you are also not being told about in the media is the abysmal treatment of..." – November 26
Comments from readers
Tyburn Mail wishes to encourage free speech and open discussion.
Comments should not contain offensive language. Defamatory comments will not be accepted. Comments that breach the Contempt of Court Act or that breach copyright law will not be accepted. Comments should not contain links to other webpages or internet sites.
ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS OR EVENT IN TYBURN MAIL – REACH 24,000 READERS
Call Frank Kennedy on 07770895413.
100mm x 50mm, 100 x 100, quarter, half or full page ads.
We will design if you request.
Contact Tyburn Mail: call 0121 749 1343 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TYBURN MAIL (TOPCLIFFE MEDIA)
Lower Ground Floor,
Castle Vale, B35 6BT
0121 749 1343
Office open: 9.30-5pm Mon-Thursday; 9.30-4pm Friday, with 24 hour answer-phone
- Arts and Leisure
- Fashion with Taylor
- Fat Alan
- Jobs and employment
- Local business
- Local committee or organization
- Music with Brookly
- Police and Emergency Services
- Schools and young people