England women’s cricketer Sarah Taylor made a superb start for Walmley Cricket Club in the men’s 1st XI yesterday.
Walmley lost to by 59 runs to Berkswell in the ECB 20/20 Knockout, but wicketkeeper Sarah was topscorer for her team. She scored 54 not out in a total of 113, and she claimed three victims behind the stumps.
She will make cricket history next week if she plays in the opening league game of the season for Walmley at Walsall – becoming the first woman ever to play in the Birmingham League – one of the top cricket leagues in the country.
TYBURN MAIL (TOPCLIFFE MEDIA)
Lower Ground Floor,
Castle Vale, B35 6BT
0121 749 1343
Office open: 9.30-5pm Mon-Thursday; 9.30-4pm Friday,
- commented on JLR multi storey car park: Castle Vale and Pype Hayes residents will be 'pleased to the hilt' "This won't make a difference, you'll still have the workers that enter the gates opposite Sainsburys park on the vale..." – April 30
- #Anonymous commented on JLR multi storey car park: Castle Vale and Pype Hayes residents will be 'pleased to the hilt' "Now let's think about this, if there building a new car park on top of the original car park then..." – April 29
- commented on JLR multi storey car park: Castle Vale and Pype Hayes residents will be 'pleased to the hilt' "About ******* time!" – April 29
- Lucifer Morningstar commented on Brothers jailed for vicious pub assault "Looks like I'll be meeting these boys soon enough... I'll put on a chicken 😁" – April 29
- Green Lantern commented on Contact Us "Does she not believe in recycling some of her household waste? And what does her behaviour tell us about the..." – April 29
- withheld commented on Contact Us "I agree completely. The female tenant at xxxxxxxxx close has never used the wheelie bins. Instead daily she takes household..." – April 29
- Mandy Lifeboats commented on No licence, no insurance, on phone, on Tyburn Road "An unlicensed driver has had his licence endorsed.....wow, I bet that's scared him ? Verdict proved in his absence ?..." – April 28
- Mandy Lifeboats commented on Car boot sale "Why would it be done through the Council.....they washed their hands of us, a long time ago...." – April 28
- Mandy Lifeboats commented on Burglar stole cash and jewellery "....back to Romania for you pal..... Actually, probably not....we'll probably give him a new flat and increase his benefits." – April 28
Comments from readers
Tyburn Mail wishes to encourage free speech and open discussion.
Comments should not contain offensive language. Defamatory comments will not be accepted. Comments that breach the Contempt of Court Act or that breach copyright law will not be accepted. Comments should not contain links to other webpages or internet sites.
ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS OR EVENT IN TYBURN MAIL – REACH 24,000 READERS
Call Frank Kennedy on 07770895413.
100mm x 50mm, 100 x 100, quarter, half or full page ads.
We will design if you request.
Contact Tyburn Mail: call 0121 749 1343 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts and Leisure
- Fashion with Taylor
- Fat Alan
- Jobs and employment
- Local business
- Local committee or organization
- Music with Brookly
- Police and Emergency Services
- Schools and young people
- The Tyburn Horse Whisperer