A 22 year old man has been arrested after a sixteen year-old girl was stabbed to death on a bus near Morrisons Supermarket on the Hagley Road in the city centre at 7.30am today.
The victim has been named as Christina Edkins, a pupil at Leasowes High School in Halesowen.
Her headteacher said: “Christina was a bright and popular student loved by all. We are deeply saddened to hear this tragic news and our thoughts and hearts go out to her family and everyone who knew her.”
Before the arrest, police said that they wished to identify a young black man, in his teens, with very dark skin, in dark clothing, with possibly a tiger motif on the back of his jacket. He had been on the bus and was seen fleeing from the area around the time of the murder.
Police were alerted to the incident at 7.37am when the bus driver reported that a passenger had been wounded.
From the archives: 2005, a dance workshop at The Astral Centre
- Follow Tyburn Mail on WordPress.com
Anonymous on Sex photos to 14 year-old… Nemesis on Sex photos to 14 year-old… Atticus on From the archives: Castle Vale… Shanks for the Memor… on Sex photos to 14 year-old… Anonymous on Sex photos to 14 year-old… David & Joan Tow… on Tyburn Mail December edition o… Anonymous on Fire at Astral Centre ‘d… kimberley on Castle Vale pupil rushed to ho… Anonymous on Castle Vale pupil rushed to ho… Shanks for the Memor… on Four times over limit: three y… Eachelhurst Resident on Body-blow for anti-school camp… Anonymous on Primark store planned for Fort… Anonymous on Be more dog, Kerslake tells Bi… annon on Be more dog, Kerslake tells Bi… riverman on Be more dog, Kerslake tells Bi…
Comments from readers
Tyburn Mail wishes to encourage free speech and open discussion.
Comments should not contain offensive language. Defamatory comments will not be accepted. Comments that breach the Contempt of Court Act or that breach copyright law will not be accepted. Comments should not contain links to other webpages or internet sites.
Tyburn Mail (Topcliffe Media)0121 749 1343Office open: 9.30-5pm Mon-Thursday; 9.30-4pm Friday, with 24 hour answer-phone
December Tyburn Mail is now online.
- @TyburnMail #AstonVilla 1 day ago
- Villa deserve point against Premier League's star attraction #avfc #mufc tyburnmail.com/fat-alan-on-th… 1 day ago
- Guilty of strangling wife: judge warns Andrew Leigh to expect life for Pype Hayes murder tyburnmail.com/2014/12/18/lei… http://t.co/5VhL1Zflad 3 days ago
- The Tyburn year in 12 photographs tyburnmaildotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/1626.p… http://t.co/huma3RBmDJ 4 days ago
- Villa boss has style of Sir Alex #avfc #mufc #Astonvilla tyburnmaildotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/2227.p… http://t.co/GZT7lxqnOc 5 days ago
- Tyburn Mail: December edition out today, and online tyburnmail.com/latest-issue-2/ http://t.co/tC6KCWxX3I 5 days ago
- Archives of 2009: first ever Castle Vale's Got Talent? @CVPArts tyburnmail.com/2014/12/16/fro… http://t.co/CxAUzJw73V 5 days ago
- Smart thinking from @KingsburySSC tyburnmail.com/2014/12/16/los… http://t.co/bhchARK2qn 5 days ago
- WBA 1 v 0 Villa - No excuses, Kieran. That was daft. Rash tackle costs Villa 3 points tyburnmail.com/fat-alan-on-th… #avfc #wba #fatalan 1 week ago
- Flying high! What a performance by @PegasusPrimary in Castle Vale. 88% level 4 (twice as high as 2013) tyburnmail.com/2014/12/11/peg… 1 week ago