A 22 year old man has been arrested after a sixteen year-old girl was stabbed to death on a bus near Morrisons Supermarket on the Hagley Road in the city centre at 7.30am today.
The victim has been named as Christina Edkins, a pupil at Leasowes High School in Halesowen.
Her headteacher said: “Christina was a bright and popular student loved by all. We are deeply saddened to hear this tragic news and our thoughts and hearts go out to her family and everyone who knew her.”
Before the arrest, police said that they wished to identify a young black man, in his teens, with very dark skin, in dark clothing, with possibly a tiger motif on the back of his jacket. He had been on the bus and was seen fleeing from the area around the time of the murder.
Police were alerted to the incident at 7.37am when the bus driver reported that a passenger had been wounded.
National Wedding Show NEC 2014
- Follow Tyburn Mail on WordPress.com
Trytrytry@aol.com on Armed police deal with teens w… Trytrytry@aol.com on Armed police deal with teens w… big bertha on Armed police deal with teens w… James auther on Armed police deal with teens w… anon on Armed police deal with teens w… Shanks for the Memor… on Armed police deal with teens w… Eddie Downes - Storn… on Woman admits Tax Credit fraud… James auther on Armed police deal with teens w… James Livery - Storn… on Wheelie bins for Castle Vale:… Trinity on Woman admits Tax Credit fraud… Anonymous on Wheelie bins for Castle Vale:… Anonymous on Wheelie bins for Castle Vale:… Demie shanice mccall… on Woman admits Tax Credit fraud… Trinity on Rise in shoplifting offences a… Trinity on Woman admits damage to tattoo…
Comments from readers
Tyburn Mail wishes to encourage free speech and open discussion.
Comments should not contain offensive language. Defamatory comments will not be accepted. Comments that breach the Contempt of Court Act or that breach copyright law will not be accepted. Comments should not contain links to other webpages or internet sites.
Tyburn Mail (Topcliffe Media)0121 749 1343Office open: 9.30-5pm Mon-Thursday; 9.30-4pm Friday, with 24 hour answer-phone
December Tyburn Mail is now online.
- @BhamCityCouncil offers grants for @ThisGirlCanUK to promote women's sport on @womensday tyburnmail.com/2015/01/23/thi… http://t.co/rLM5S7EttW 1 day ago
- @theglamophones January Tyburn Mail, page 2 tyburnmaildotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/264.pdf 2 days ago
- Aston Nilla... don't blame the strikers, says Fat Alan #avfc #AstonVilla tyburnmaildotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/2429.p… 3 days ago
- January Tyburn Mail out now tyburnmail.com/latest-issue-2/ http://t.co/775gZ3jgkZ 4 days ago
- We're beating burglars, claim @WMPolice tyburnmail.com/2015/01/20/wer… 5 days ago
- Goalless Villa's Valencian glistens #avfc #AstonNilla #astonvillavsliverpool #AstonVilla tyburnmail.com/fat-alan-on-th… 1 week ago
- At last, an Aston Villa midfielder with some spark and skill - it's Gil #avfc #AstonNilla #astonvilla #lfc tyburnmail.com/fat-alan-on-th… 1 week ago
- Posh tea for poster winner John from @AbbeyPrimary tyburnmail.com/2015/01/13/tea… http://t.co/7hFVTwUyLV 1 week ago
- Roaring twenties' silent film night @HarbourSpaces tyburnmail.com/2015/01/12/st-… http://t.co/eGe5DpmECq 1 week ago
- Aston Villa, you need to listen to the West Bromwich Albion boss #wba #avfc #AstonVilla tyburnmail.com/fat-alan-on-th… 2 weeks ago