A 22 year old man has been arrested after a sixteen year-old girl was stabbed to death on a bus near Morrisons Supermarket on the Hagley Road in the city centre at 7.30am today.
The victim has been named as Christina Edkins, a pupil at Leasowes High School in Halesowen.
Her headteacher said: “Christina was a bright and popular student loved by all. We are deeply saddened to hear this tragic news and our thoughts and hearts go out to her family and everyone who knew her.”
Before the arrest, police said that they wished to identify a young black man, in his teens, with very dark skin, in dark clothing, with possibly a tiger motif on the back of his jacket. He had been on the bus and was seen fleeing from the area around the time of the murder.
Police were alerted to the incident at 7.37am when the bus driver reported that a passenger had been wounded.
St Cuthberts Christmas Fayre
- commented on Aqua Aerobics classes at Castle Pool "3pm on a friday? Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased they're actually using the 'community ' pool for a change,..." – November 26
- K Belle commented on They've done it again! Greenwood musical rocks "Well done to all the performers and dancers including my little sister Ellie Belle, the show was amazing as usual...." – November 25
- Joy commented on They've done it again! Greenwood musical rocks "A fantastic performance again for Greenwood Academy,This school gets better with every year.Well done to all the kids,and staff that..." – November 25
- We was here before you commented on Strike action to disrupt Birmingham hospitals "GOOD LUCK STRIKERS" – November 25
- We was here before you commented on Healthcare company promises 'benefits without parallel in the industry' to strike-threatening hospital workers "GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE STRIKERS" – November 25
- John commented on Labour councillors set to choose new leader for Birmingham "So will the defeated-by-one-vote Penny Holbrook become Deputy Leader, in the foreseeable future?" – November 25
- B Ball commented on They've done it again! Greenwood musical rocks "Well done to Trev and his team and all the terrific performers." – November 25
- Atticus commented on Strike action to disrupt Birmingham hospitals "Andrew is right about the media. Union bashing is their usual stance without actually looking at the issues. People are..." – November 25
- commented on West Midlands government: a step closer "More millionaires as well, what’s your point?" – November 25
Comments from readers
Tyburn Mail wishes to encourage free speech and open discussion.
Comments should not contain offensive language. Defamatory comments will not be accepted. Comments that breach the Contempt of Court Act or that breach copyright law will not be accepted. Comments should not contain links to other webpages or internet sites.
ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS OR EVENT IN TYBURN MAIL – REACH 24,000 READERS
Call Frank Kennedy on 07770895413.
100mm x 50mm, 100 x 100, quarter, half or full page ads.
We will design if you request.
Contact Tyburn Mail: call 0121 749 1343 or email: email@example.com
TYBURN MAIL (TOPCLIFFE MEDIA)
Lower Ground Floor,
Castle Vale, B35 6BT
0121 749 1343
Office open: 9.30-5pm Mon-Thursday; 9.30-4pm Friday, with 24 hour answer-phone
- Arts and Leisure
- Fashion with Taylor
- Fat Alan
- Jobs and employment
- Local business
- Local committee or organization
- Music with Brookly
- Police and Emergency Services
- Schools and young people