A 22 year old man has been arrested after a sixteen year-old girl was stabbed to death on a bus near Morrisons Supermarket on the Hagley Road in the city centre at 7.30am today.
The victim has been named as Christina Edkins, a pupil at Leasowes High School in Halesowen.
Her headteacher said: “Christina was a bright and popular student loved by all. We are deeply saddened to hear this tragic news and our thoughts and hearts go out to her family and everyone who knew her.”
Before the arrest, police said that they wished to identify a young black man, in his teens, with very dark skin, in dark clothing, with possibly a tiger motif on the back of his jacket. He had been on the bus and was seen fleeing from the area around the time of the murder.
Police were alerted to the incident at 7.37am when the bus driver reported that a passenger had been wounded.
Comments from readers
Tyburn Mail wishes to encourage free speech and open discussion.
Comments should not contain offensive language. Defamatory comments will not be accepted. Comments that breach the Contempt of Court Act or that breach copyright law will not be accepted. Comments should not contain links to other webpages or internet sites.
Gobsmacked on Shift workers car-parking nuis… Mad Man on Firefighter’s four-day H… Gobsmacked on November means new era for Cas… Justaskin on November means new era for Cas… Anonymous on B&M store gives jobs boost… The Duke on Shift workers car-parking nuis… Gobsmacked on November means new era for Cas… Justaskin on November means new era for Cas… Justaskin on November means new era for Cas… brian on November means new era for Cas… Mad Man on Firefighter’s four-day H… Anonymous on B&M store gives jobs boost… Anonymous on Shift workers car-parking nuis… David Townsend on Shift workers car-parking nuis… Anonymous on B&M store gives jobs boost…
- Follow Tyburn Mail on WordPress.com
Tyburn Mail (Topcliffe Media)0121 749 1343Office open: 9.30-5pm Mon-Thursday; 9.30-4pm Friday, with 24 hour answer-phone
October Tyburn Mail is now online.
- @BrumLordMayor cuts ribbon for @bmstores in Castle Vale Retail Park tyburnmail.com/2014/10/31/lor… http://t.co/TLYKnKSuT4 5 hours ago
- More eyelashes than intellect: @BBC3's People Like Us savages Chelmsley Wood tyburnmail.com/2014/10/29/peo… http://t.co/zgJyiQ6MQM 1 day ago
- People Like Us: tragedy for Chelmsley tyburnmail.com/2014/10/29/peo… #PeopleLikeUs 1 day ago
- @BhamCityCouncil to transfer Castle Vale Library to community @CastleValeTRA at end of month tyburnmail.com/2014/10/29/nov… 1 day ago
- Cycle maintenance evening course tyburnmail.com/2014/10/29/cyc… 2 days ago
- Firefighters 4-day strike at busiest period: blame government, says Labour councillor chair of Fire Authority tyburnmail.com/2014/10/29/fir… 2 days ago
- 142 snooker break for Mitchell Mann on Eurosport tv tyburnmail.com/2014/10/29/eur… 2 days ago
- Vote for Vale: Big Lottery People's Millions, 25th November #castlevale tyburnmail.com/2014/10/28/cal… 3 days ago
- Stolen van: have you seen @Big_Brum Theatre in Education's touring van reg: BF09 CYZ stolen in Moseley area tyburnmail.com/2014/10/27/thi… 3 days ago
- B&M Castle Vale jobs boost @bmstores tyburnmail.com/2014/10/27/bm-… 3 days ago