A 22 year old man has been arrested after a sixteen year-old girl was stabbed to death on a bus near Morrisons Supermarket on the Hagley Road in the city centre at 7.30am today.
The victim has been named as Christina Edkins, a pupil at Leasowes High School in Halesowen.
Her headteacher said: “Christina was a bright and popular student loved by all. We are deeply saddened to hear this tragic news and our thoughts and hearts go out to her family and everyone who knew her.”
Before the arrest, police said that they wished to identify a young black man, in his teens, with very dark skin, in dark clothing, with possibly a tiger motif on the back of his jacket. He had been on the bus and was seen fleeing from the area around the time of the murder.
Police were alerted to the incident at 7.37am when the bus driver reported that a passenger had been wounded.
TYBURN MAIL (TOPCLIFFE MEDIA)
Lower Ground Floor,
Castle Vale, B35 6BT
0121 749 1343
Office open: 9.30-5pm Mon-Thursday; 9.30-4pm Friday,
- Pixielink commented on Letter: Thanks to all for help through illness "If it wasn't for people knowing the difference between good and bad, to help or not help others, putting ourselves..." – May 30
- commented on Contact Us "Castle vale professional snooker player. Has a great start today in his first match of the season at Preston guild..." – May 29
- The truth commented on M6 slip road in Castle Bromwich to open a month ahead of schedule "Well done for finishing early. Shame you didn't get the contract for the spitfire roundabout. That would have been done..." – May 28
- Rob Sutherland commented on Three bid to be Sainsbury's Charity of the Year "John Taylor Hospice will get my vote. Such dedicated staff, they have made my wifes illness more bearable." – May 28
- commented on Get thinking and payback the money, magistrates tell persistent shoplifter "It don't take a bloody Einstein to know the justice shytstem isnt fit for purpose, maybe 100 yrs ago but..." – May 27
- commented on Get thinking and payback the money, magistrates tell persistent shoplifter "Yes let's lock him up so he can go inside get his hands on anything he wants and then he..." – May 27
- commented on Tyburn councillor keeps his job "With all due respect to Mike who has been very good at his role, but don't he think he should..." – May 27
- Dr Robert commented on Get thinking and payback the money, magistrates tell persistent shoplifter "Old habits die hard. Thinking skills are of no use to a brainless baghead. He probably returned to Lloyds the..." – May 27
- ANTHONY SAGE commented on Passion from Clancy at St Barnabas budget meeting "ANY thought given to airing MEMORIES of the Queen`s visit to The Vale. Her Majesty even recorded a message for..." – May 27
Comments from readers
Tyburn Mail wishes to encourage free speech and open discussion.
Comments should not contain offensive language. Defamatory comments will not be accepted. Comments that breach the Contempt of Court Act or that breach copyright law will not be accepted. Comments should not contain links to other webpages or internet sites.
ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS OR EVENT IN TYBURN MAIL – REACH 24,000 READERS
Call Frank Kennedy on 07770895413.
100mm x 50mm, 100 x 100, quarter, half or full page ads.
We will design if you request.
Contact Tyburn Mail: call 0121 749 1343 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts and Leisure
- Fashion with Taylor
- Fat Alan
- Jobs and employment
- Local business
- Local committee or organization
- Music with Brookly
- Police and Emergency Services
- Schools and young people
- The Tyburn Horse Whisperer