A 22 year old man has been arrested after a sixteen year-old girl was stabbed to death on a bus near Morrisons Supermarket on the Hagley Road in the city centre at 7.30am today.
The victim has been named as Christina Edkins, a pupil at Leasowes High School in Halesowen.
Her headteacher said: “Christina was a bright and popular student loved by all. We are deeply saddened to hear this tragic news and our thoughts and hearts go out to her family and everyone who knew her.”
Before the arrest, police said that they wished to identify a young black man, in his teens, with very dark skin, in dark clothing, with possibly a tiger motif on the back of his jacket. He had been on the bus and was seen fleeing from the area around the time of the murder.
Police were alerted to the incident at 7.37am when the bus driver reported that a passenger had been wounded.
Advertise your business or event here
- Muhammad commented on New parking restrictions at Castle Vale Retail Park "Liyods pharmacy hired me as a cleaner. I parked front of the pharmacy. But they send me tickets." – October 12
- Moriarty commented on Pay £50 compensation to assault victim "I do believe I wrote, "There seems to be quite a number of 'reports' about males assaulting females of late"...." – October 10
- Moriarty commented on Pay £50 compensation to assault victim "Says 'Mr Anonymous'!! 😆" – October 10
- commented on Pay £50 compensation to assault victim "Hiding behind giveaway names isnt tough either pal" – October 10
- commented on Pay £50 compensation to assault victim "OH listen to this crap. Men have been battering their women on here as far back as i can remember...." – October 10
- Barry Carpenter commented on A446 lorry fire "Dash cam footage of the fire and tail back." – October 10
- Kimbo has Eyes commented on Admits assaulting two females "This boy obviously has issues. Not content with playing up at the Belfry, he thought he'd beat up on a..." – October 09
- Moriarty commented on Pay £50 compensation to assault victim "There seems to be quite a number of reports about males assaulting females of late. I guess it shows the..." – October 09
- Moriarty commented on Pay £50 compensation to assault victim "That's if this 'tough guy' even knows who his dad is!!" – October 09
Comments from readers
Tyburn Mail wishes to encourage free speech and open discussion.
Comments should not contain offensive language. Defamatory comments will not be accepted. Comments that breach the Contempt of Court Act or that breach copyright law will not be accepted. Comments should not contain links to other webpages or internet sites.
ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS OR EVENT IN TYBURN MAIL – REACH 24,000 READERS
Call Frank Kennedy on 07770895413.
100mm x 50mm, 100 x 100, quarter, half or full page ads.
We will design if you request.
Contact Tyburn Mail: call 0121 749 1343 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TYBURN MAIL (TOPCLIFFE MEDIA)
Lower Ground Floor,
Castle Vale, B35 6BT
0121 749 1343
Office open: 9.30-5pm Mon-Thursday; 9.30-4pm Friday, with 24 hour answer-phone
- Arts and Leisure
- Fashion with Taylor
- Fat Alan
- Jobs and employment
- Local business
- Local committee or organization
- Music with Brookly
- Police and Emergency Services
- Schools and young people